This integration provides components that work with the Dialog System asset.
- Set up your scene to work with Dialog System by adding the Dialog Manager prefab to your scene. The prefab is in the folder `Assets\Plugins\Pixel Crushers\Dialogue System\Prefabs.
- Add the DialogSystemFactory component to your Managers object.
Dialog System Quest Items
Quest items adds a quest to the player when used.
- Dialog System Quest ID: the ID of the quest added to the player when the item is used.
- Can Use After Quest Already Completed: Set this to false if you only want the player to have the quest once.
- Custom Conversation: This is the conversation started when the item is used.
This component links a Rucksack Trigger with a line of dialog spoken.
- Add a custom field to the Dailog Entry template called "LineTag", which should take a Text value.
- For the Dialog Entry you wish to trigger, set the LineTag to a suitable value.
- Add the ConversationTrigger on the same object as the Trigger, and set the lineTag field to the same value you used in the last step.
In the demo scene, when the player answers "Yes" to the vendor, the vendor trigger is used, and so the Vendor window is displayed. This is implemented using the mechanism above.
There are a few methods registered that you can access from LUA. To use these, follow these steps:
Add a DialogSystemPlayer component to your player (next to InventoryPlayer).
Add a Unity Database Manager component to your _Managers object, and connect your items, currencies and equipment types databases.
The following methods are available:
There are also special methods available for vendors. To use these, add the DialogSystemVendor component to your vendor. The following methods are available: